The New Year’s Eve is nearly here and it’s a good time to review our achievements, areas of improvement and of course make new year resolutions.
For me this year was very special as all together guys, we created VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT! There is so much planned for the upcoming year and I hope you will be part of it!
So let’s have a glass of this lovely Pink Grapefruit Star Anise & Prosecco Cocktail and wish each other a Happy New Year!!!
Ingredients for Cocktail:
60ml Pink Grapefruit Juice
60ml Anise Sugar Syrup
Ingredients for Anise Sugar Syrup:
100g Granulated Sugar
5 Star Anise
1. First of all, lets make the sugar syrup. In a small pan combine sugar water and lightly crushed star anise.
2. Bring it to the boil and simmer for 10 min over a medium heat.
3. Cool it down, pour it through the sieve into a container or a jar and refrigerate. You can keep it in a fridge for couple of weeks for further use.
4. Now the cocktail – in a shaker put few ice cubes, grapefruit juice, anise sugar syrup and gin.
5. Shake it well.
6. Pour it in the chilled champagne glasses and top up with Prosecco and enjoy!
1. Use your own freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. It has better flavour and the aromatic oils from the grapefruit skin will also make a huge difference.
2. Always use good quality gin. I prefer Hendricks.
3. Use few slices of grapefruit for a garnish.
The sugar syrup in this Pink Grapefruit Star Anise and Prosecco Cocktail recipe is a standard syrup and
you can use these proportion for any other flavoured syrups for your cocktails.
Try lavender, cardamom or cloves for instance.