The essential to any roast dinner it is gravy that brings all parts of the dish together. Thus it has to be perfect and flavoursome. This recipe has got a little extra to it – splash of whiskey that takes gravy onto another level.
Well and another reason to have a bottle in your cupboard…
Prep time:Cooking time:Serves:
1 tbsp of Flour
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Sugar
3 tbsp Whiskey
500 ml Vegetable Stock
1. First of all, peel and finely chop the onions.
2. Fry the onions with butter and olive oil over the low heat for about 30min until golden brown and sticky.
3. Add the flour and mix well.
4. Add whiskey and sugar and fry for minute or two until alcohol evaporates.
5. Finally add vegetable stock boil down until it reduces to a desired thickness.
In Middle Ages onions were an acceptable form of payment.
Wish I could pay my bills with onions…