Recently I decided to cut the amount of cow’s milk I consume.
There are a lot of alternatives – cashew mill, soy milk, rice milk. I decided to stick to classic almond milk.
The first decision I made was that I will make my own homemade almond milk – unsweetened pure and natural with the best quality ingredients.
So here is my recipe of Unsweetened Homemade Almond Milk From Scratch.
1l Filtered Cold Water + 200ml for Soaking
100g Organic Raw Almonds
1. First of all, soak the almonds in 200ml of water overnight.
2. Next drain the almonds and put them in the blender
3. Add water and blend for several minutes until creamy. The longer your blend the creamer your milk become.
4. Using a fine sieve, drain the mixture. Use wooden spoon to squeeze all the liquid from the nutty pure. You can repeat this process again for extra smooth milk.
5. Don’t discard the almond pulp – it is rich in fibre and could be added to your cereal, porridge or even into your muffin batter.
Almond is a wonderful and by all means my favourite nut.
I can go on and on about its health benefits and versatility in the kitchen but I guess I leave they for another post!
Oh and by the way almond trees are 100% reliant on wild bees for crop pollination – No bees, no almonds.
So let’s be kind to little bees!