Ilove Almond milk but sometimes you are looking for something a bit creamier.
Here comes Simple Homemade Creamy Cashew Milk.
The texture of this plant based milk is thicker and creamier then almond or soy milk. It is perfect with coffee or in your morning granola
Store it in a fridge in a glass bottle for 2-3 days.
Simple, isn’t it?
1l Filtered Cold Water + 200ml for Soaking
100g Organic Raw Cashew Nuts
Pinch of Salt
1. First of all, soak the cashew nits in 200ml of water overnight.
2. Next drain the nuts and put them in the blender
3. Add water, pinch of salt and blend for several minutes until creamy. The longer your blend the creamer your milk become.
4. Using a fine sieve, drain the mixture. Use wooden spoon to squeeze all the liquid from the nutty pure. You can repeat this process again for extra smooth milk.
5. Don’t discard the pulp – it is rich in fibre and could be added to your cereal, porridge!
What else can you do with cashew nuts? How about delicious cashew butter?
Here is a great recipe from Amy’s Healthy Baking!
I strongly recommend including small amount of cashews into your diet.
Like all nuts they are really nutritious and full of goodness!
Did you know that raw cashews
are surrounded by a double shell which contain urushiol, a resin that can produce rashes and is toxic to ingest?