Do you know how to make your ordinary morning toast and fried egg more exciting? I was thinking about breakfast/brunch alternatives and came out with
Roasted Peppers, Avocado, Fried Egg and Hummus Sandwich.
It is a perfect nutritious combination to fill you up for a busy day.
Or maybe breakfast in bed treat…
Ingredients for Sandwich:
8 slices of Sourdough Bread of your choice
1 large (or 2 small) Avocado
2 Red Bell Peppers
Ingredients for Hummus:
1 tbsp Tahini
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Paprika
1. First of all, preheat the oven to 200C or 390F
2. Slice the peppers, toss them with a splash of olive oil and put in the oven for 15min
3. Meanwhile prepare the humus. In a blender blend together all the ingredients for hummus until smooth and creamy. Set aside
4. Now fry the eggs in a medium frying pan with a splash of olive oil. I like mine with a runny egg yolk. Add salt – Try smoked salt, it goes perfectly with eggs.
5. Finally, to assemble the sandwich put some hummus on a slice of bread, following by rocket, peppers, avocado and fried egg. Top it up with a second slice of bread.
Want to perfect your hummus?
I found this interesting article on food 52 with some tips and tricks!
Sourdough is more digestible than standard loaves and also more nutritious.
People with IBS find sourdough easier to digest as well.
And some fun fact – Apparently the average American will have eaten 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches by the time they leave school.
What is your favourite sandwich combination?
Let me know in the comments below!