White Chocolate Versailles Cake with Strawberry Cream Cheese
What could be more romantic then a homemade White Chocolate Versailles Cake with Strawberry Cream Cheese? If you are looking to impress your loved ones with something special, beautifully presented yet not very complicated – this recipe is just perfect for you! I developed this cake from scratch to create a moist and delicate sponge with fresh and flavoursome filling just for you guys! Anyone up for a afternoon tea?
- 400g White Chocolate
- 250g Butter + extra for greasing
- 125g Sugar
- 150ml Hot Water
- 125ml Milk
- 4 Medium Eggs
- 300g Plain Flour
- 45ml Vanilla Syrup
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 10g Baking Powder
- 1tsp Salt
- 30ml Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 100g Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Strawberry Jam
- 2 tbsp Flaked Almonds
- Fresh Strawberries
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 500g Cream Cheese
- 125g Butter
- 250g Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Freeze-Dried Strawberry Powder
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- First of all, we need to make the base. Preheat the oven to 150C or 300F degrees.
- Melt the chocolate in the hot water bath. Brake the chocolate into smaller pieces, place into heatproof ball, add butter and place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure the ball does not touch the water.
- To the melted chocolate and butter mixture add sugar and hot water. Mix well and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from hot water bath and let it cool down for about 15 min.
- Next add milk to the chocolate mixture. Milk must be cold as it should also lower the temperature of the mixture.
- Using a hand mixer whisk in eggs one at a time.
- Add sieved flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and mix well either with a wooden spoon or hand mixer until combined.
- In the end add vegetable oil, vanilla paste and vanilla syrup.
- Finally, add icing sugar and mix well until completely dissolved.
- With a small piece of butter grease 20cm loose bottom cake tin. It should be a deep one as well – approx. 10cm deep as the cake will rise twice in size.
- Line the tin with parchment paper. Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 2h
- When base is ready remove it from the oven, let it cool down so you can handle it. Carefully remove from the tin and let it cool down completely.
- Next step is to make cream cheese frosting. In a big bowl mix together all ingredients until fully combined – it is that simple. Freeze-Dried Strawberry Powder is available in most baking shops or big supermarket and online. I personally used this one
- Cut the base into 3 equal layers and spread the jam on two of the layers, sprinkle flaked almonds and then apply cream cheese frosting. (reserve 1/3 of cream cheese frosting to cover the outside of the cake) Stuck them on top of each other finishing up with a layer with no jam/cream cheese frosting. “Plaster” the gaps with remaining mascarpone cream so it looks neat and tidy and cool it down in the fridge for 30min.
- Decorate the cake wit fresh strawberries.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/