Vegetarian Onion Gravy
The essential to any roast dinner it is gravy that brings all parts of the dish together. Thus it has to be perfect and flavoursome. This recipe has got a little extra to it – splash of whiskey that takes gravy onto another level.
- 4 Onions
- 1 tbsp of Flour
- 40g Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Whiskey
- 500 ml Vegetable Stock
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- First of all, peel and finely chop the onions.
- Fry the onions with butter and olive oil over the low heat for about 30min until golden brown and sticky.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add whiskey and sugar and fry for minute or two until alcohol evaporates.
- Finally add vegetable stock boil down until it reduces to a desired thickness.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/