Vegan Brown Rice Buddha Bowl
You probably have already noticed a #Buddhabowl all over social medias. Basically it is a bowl of grains, fresh or cooked vegetables some toppings and a dressing. A really good healthy and balanced dish. So here is my variation of this dish – Vegan Brown Rice Buddha Bowl with a little Asian twist to add extra flavour kick. Quick easy and filling lunch to take to work!
- 150g Brown Rice
- 100g Cherry Vine Tomatoes
- 60g Mangetout
- 150g Mushroom
- 150g Cooked Beetroot
- 130g Carrot
- 1tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- 60ml Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Gochujang
- 1tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 Large Avocado
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 355F degrees.
- First of all, lets cook the rice. The proportion of water to brown rise that works for me is 1.5 parts of water to 1 part of rice. For this recipe it is approx. 230ml of water. Simmer for 20min.
- While rice is cooking, prepare the rest of the vegetables. Sprinkle tomatoes and mushrooms with a little bit of olive oil and put in the oven for 15min to roast.
- Using the mandoline slicer shred the cooked beetroot and set aside. If you cooking your beet from scratch here is a link to Marin Mama Cooks’s recipe on how to roast the beetroot.
- Next shred the carrots. Carrot is going to be marinated. Add coriander seeds, sherry vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, salt and gochujang to the shredded carrots. In a small pan bring the olive oil to a very high temperature. Be careful and extra cautious. Pour the oil over the carrots and set aside.
- Boil the mangetout for few minutes so the get a little softer but still crunchy.
- Peel and slice the avocado. Use a splash of lemon juice to prevent avocado from going dark.
- Put the cooked rice into the bowl, arrange the vegetables on top and use the marinate from the carrots as a dressing. Serve warm or cold.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/