Unsweetened Homemade Almond Milk From Scratch
Recently I decided to cut the amount of cow’s milk I consume. There are a lot of alternatives – cashew mill, soy milk, rice milk. I decided to stick to classic almond milk. The first decision I made was that I will make my own homemade almond milk – unsweetened pure and natural with the best quality ingredients. So here is my recipe of Unsweetened Homemade Almond Milk From Scratch.
- 1l Filtered Cold Water + 200ml for Soaking
- 100g Organic Raw Almonds
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- First of all, soak the almonds in 200ml of water overnight.
- Next drain the almonds and put them in the blender
- Add water and blend for several minutes until creamy. The longer your blend the creamer your milk become.
- Using a fine sieve, drain the mixture. Use wooden spoon to squeeze all the liquid from the nutty pure. You can repeat this process again for extra smooth milk.
- Don’t discard the almond pulp – it is rich in fibre and could be added to your cereal, porridge or even into your muffin batter.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/