Spirulina and Chia Seed Pudding Yogurt
Super-foods are becoming more and more super-popular now. Thus I decided to try some of them which include Spirulina, Matcha and Baobab powders. Spirulina and Chia Seed Pudding Yogurt recipe is dedicated to most unusual of them – Spirulina. Technically dried biomass of cyanobacteria or simply algae. It has got a very specific taste and apparently very good for you. I combined it with yogurt, chia pudding and fruits to balance the flavours. Let me know what you think of it!
- 250g Plain Soya Yogurt
- 1 tsp Spirulina
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 Mango
- 1 Kiwi
- Handful of Granola to Top up
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- First of all, we need to prepare the chia pudding. Best to do this in advance, ideally a night before. Peel the mango slice and put the flesh in the blender. Blend until smooth. Add the chia seeds and put in the fridge. For a quicker option leave it in room temperature for couple of hours, although it wont be as jelly like as the overnight version.
- Next add Spirulina into the yogurt and mix well. If you wish to make it pretty – separate yogurt into 3 small bowls. Leave one plain, add a tiny bit of spirulina to the second and the rest of spirulina to the third. You will end up with plain, light green and dark green coloured yogurt. Add them all into one bowl and swirl lightly with a spoon.
- Peel and slice the kiwi.
- In a glass add the yogurt, then chia pudding, kiwi and top it up with granola. Here is my recipe for homemade granola.
- To decorate use fruits and edible flowers.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/