Simple Pickled Radish
Growing up I saw my grandma pickling a lot of stuff – gherkins, mushrooms, tomatoes. onions, garlic. So I had quite a good idea on how to make the standard pickling liquid or for instance, importance of sterilising the jars. I never, however, saw her making pickled radish. Thus using my knowledge and love to experiment – here is my Simple Pickled Radish! Tad-da!
- Bunch of Radish
- 200ml Water
- 200ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1tsp Black Peppercorns
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 3 Cloves
- 2 Garlic Cloves
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- First of all, slice the radishes really thinly. The mandoline slicer will be very useful.
- Next in a medium sized pan bring to the boil water, vinegar and all of the spices to the boil.
- Put garlic at the bottom of a 700ml jar with a lid, pack with sliced radish and pour the boiling hot mixture over it.
- It will be ready in 5-7h or for the best result leave it overnight. Keep in the refrigerator or up to a week or so.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/