Simple Heritage Tomato Salad
Simple Heritage Tomato Salad is a celebration of a humble tomato. I will be honest with you to say that I absolutely hate commercially produced tomatoes you get in a supermarket. Flavourless, tough and probably full of nasty pesticides. That is why I use heritage tomatoes wherever possible. This simple salad is one of the easiest ways to enjoy this lovely fruit. (or vegetable? How do you refer to it? Let me know in comments below!)
- 3 Medium Size Heritage Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of Flaky Sea Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- ½ Handful of Micro Red Basil
- ½ Handful of Micro Kohlrabi
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- First of all, wash tomatoes, remove the core and slice thinly.
- Place sliced tomatoes on the plate and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Finally add Micro Basil and Kohlrabi.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/