Poached Egg on a Bed of Micro Greens
Poached Egg on a Bed of Microgreens is a slightly healthier alternative to your regular egg Florentine. And don’t be scared to poach and egg – it’s not that hard and all it takes is a little practice. However, if you don’t have much time in the morning but still want to try this recipe, replace the poached egg with soft boiled. Tip - 5 min for a medium size egg.
- 1 Slice of Dark Rye Bred
- 2 Medium Size Organic Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Handful of Tatsoi Mini-Shoots
- Handful of Rioja Radish Mini-Shoots
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- First of all, let’s make the Rye Bread croutons. Cut the slice of dark Rye Bread into 4 long strips and panfry in a little bit of olive oil until crispy. Season with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a medium size pan bring water to boiling and turn the heat down to simmer. Add table spoon of vinegar and with a spoon stir water to create a whirlpool. This helps egg white to wrap around the yolk.
- Crack an egg into small dish and slowly tip into the water. Poach each egg individually.
- After approx. 2min and 10sec remove the egg with a slotted spoon draining all the water and do the same with the other egg.
- In a serving bowl mix together Tatsoi and Rioja Radish mini-shoots.
- Place the poached egg on top of mini-shoots and serve with 2 rye bread croutons.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/