Pink Grapefruit Star Anise and Prosecco Cocktail
The New Year’s Eve is nearly here and it’s a good time to review our achievements, areas of improvement and of course make new year resolutions. For me this year was very special as all together guys, we created VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT! There is so much planned for the upcoming year and I hope you will be part of it! So let’s have a glass of this lovely Pink Grapefruit Star Anise and Prosecco Cocktail and wish each other a Happy New Year!!!
Ingredients for Cocktail
- 60ml Pink Grapefruit Juice
- 30ml Gin
- 60ml Anise Sugar Syrup
- 300ml Prosecco
Ingredients for Anise Sugar Syrup
- 100g Granulated Sugar
- 200ml Water
- 5 Star Anise
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- First of all, lets make the sugar syrup. In a small pan combine sugar water and lightly crushed star anise.
- Bring it to the boil and simmer for 10 min over a medium heat.
- Cool it down, pour it through the sieve into a container or a jar and refrigerate. You can keep it in a fridge for couple of weeks for further use.
- Now the cocktail - in a shaker put few ice cubes, grapefruit juice, anise sugar syrup and gin.
- Shake it well.
- Pour it in the chilled champagne glasses and top up with Prosecco and enjoy!
- Use your own freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. It has better flavour and the aromatic oils from the grapefruit skin will also make a huge difference.
- Always use good quality gin. I prefer Hendricks.
- Use few slices of grapefruit for a garnish.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/