Pickled Grapes Celery and Fig Salad
Pickled Grapes Celery and Fig Salad is quite an unusual combination for the salad but it really does work. I guess the only pain the neck in this recipe is to peel every single grape. Thus, I believe it is a good starter for a romantic date dinner and, perhaps, not so great for a huge party gathering. Unless you are a professional grape-peeler…
- 12 Green Grapes
- 70ml White Wine Vinegar
- 25g Granulate sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 4 Celery Sticks
- 4 Radishes
- 2 Figs
- 10 Almonds
- Dash of Olive Oil
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Let’s start with pickling the grapes. Unfortunately, if you don’t remove the skin from the grapes they won’t pickle in such short period of time. Thus, first of all, peel the grapes. Place the grapes in a mesh strainer and dunk them in the boiling hot water for 4 seconds. Lift the strainer from the water and set it in the ice water for another 10 sec. With a small sharp paring knife make a small cross cut and peel of the skin (or squeeze the grape out)
- Bring to the boil white wine vinegar and dissolve salt and sugar in it until no crystals left. Put peeled grapes in the bowl and pour over the mixture. Let it marinate for at least 20minutes
- While grapes are marinating make celery ribbons using the potato peeler.
- Slice the radishes thinly.
- Cut figs into 4 slices and chop the almonds.
- Arrange the grapes, celery ribbons, radishes and figs on the plate, sprinkle chopped almonds and dress it with a dash of olive oil and few drops of leftover vinegar.
- Use some dill as a garnish.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/