Mushroom Kale & Ricotta Cannelloni
Cannelloni is a good alternative to a worldwide famous lasagne. Tubes of lasagne-like pasta are stuffed with different fillings and baked in the oven with sauce and cheese. Recently getting more and more popular this dish is perfect for enliven your Italian collection of recipes.
1 hr 15 min
1 hr 15 min
- 200g Mushrooms
- 20g Butter
- 300g Ricotta
- 1 large Onion
- 100g Kale
- 150g Spinach
- 50g Pine Nuts
- 70g Cheddar
- 14 Cannelloni pasta tubes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 150ml Water
- 1 Garlic Clove
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Chilli
- Pinch of Smoked Paprika
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Chop mushrooms and fry them in a pan over medium heat without butter first to get rid of excess water. When water evaporates add chopped onions and butter. Fry until onions get soft – about 7-10 min constantly stirring.
- Add ricotta and mix well.
- Add kale and spinach and a splash of water to create a little bit of steam to cook the greens. Keep stirring until kale and spinach reduces twice in size.
- Add toasted pine nuts, salt and black pepper and mix well. Set aside to cool down.
- In a meantime prepare the sauce. In a medium size pan fry chopped garlic with a splash of olive oil for few minutes. Add tined tomatoes and 150ml of water and bring to the boil.
- Add seasoning, mix well and boil for another 5 min. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Now it gets a little tricky – to stuff the cannelloni tubes with filling. I’m not fussy to use my hands when I work with food but if it is not something you can do try the piping bag with a bigger hole.
- Fill in all the tubes and place them in a glass or ceramic baking tray/roasting dish with quite high sideboards. Pour the sauce and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cook for 25-30 min in the oven. Serve hot.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/