Homemade Sweet Potato Chips
We all love good old potato chips, don’t we? But how about slightly healthier option? Sweet potato contains less starch and more minerals then regular white potato which makes it a perfect lower-calorie alternative. I like my sweet potato chips with lime and coriander, as in my opinion it is a match made in heaven, but if you not so keen on coriander feel free to use parsley instead.
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 15ml Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Juice of ½ Lime
- 2 tbsp Chopped Fresh Coriander
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat the oven to 200C or 400F degrees.
- Peel the potatoes (this is optional you can keep the skin on just don’t forget to wash them thoroughly) cut into thin even sized fries and soak them in a bowl of cold water for 30min – this will make them crispier.
- Remove fries from the water and dry them with a paper towel.
- Place fries into baking tray, pour the olive oil and sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning.
- Mix well making sure fries are evenly covered with oil and Old Bay seasoning, spread them out on a try and bake in the oven for 30 min (if you cannot find Old Bay seasoning just use smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and salt to season your chips).
- Half way through give them a bit of a turn so your fries are evenly crisp.
- When done, remove from the oven and give them 5 min to rest before serving with a squeeze of lime juice and chopped coriander.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/