Homemade Coconut Milk
This Homemade Coconut Milk recipe is perfect whether you are making coconut milk for cooking or as a cow’s milk alternative. The difference is just in proportions of coconut to water. I use less water for more creamy and rich coconut milk, which is perfect for your Thai curry. For drinking just add more liquid. Easy!
- 200g Fresh Coconut
- 400ml Water or Coconut Water at 70C (160F) degrees
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- First of all, extract the coconut flesh (see the link below)
- I usually use the coconut water from the coconut I just cracked and add water. But you can use water or coconut water only.
- Blend it all using high speed blender for few minutes until smooth-ish.
- Using a fine sieve, drain the mixture. Use wooden spoon to squeeze all the liquid from the pure.
- Store in the fridge for couple of days. It is absolutely normal for coconut milk to separate, just give it a good shake before using.
- With the proportions above you will get a consistency of a cooking coconut milk – it’s creamier. For drinking add an extra 200ml of water/coconut water.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/