Cucumber Rosemary Gin & Tonic
Gin is my favourite spirit and essential ingredient in numerous number of cocktails. Of course old good G&T is one of them. Wondering if you can add another dimension to the classic? Make it Cucumber Rosemary Gin & Tonic! You will be surprised how just few ingredients can make it taste so good. Double for me, please! Cheers!
- 100ml Gin
- 1 Sprig of Rosemary
- 5 Juniper Berries
- 3 Slices of Cucumber + Extra for Garnish
- Splash of Elderflower Cordial
- Tonic Water to top up (approx. 120ml)
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a shaker put few ice cubes, crushed juniper berries, cucumber, rosemary and gin.
- Shake well like you mean it!
- Pour it in the chilled glass over the ice. Don’t forget to use sieve to get rid of cucumber pulp and bits of berries.
- Add a splash of elderflower cordial, sprig of thyme and top it up with tonic water and decorate with garnish.
- If you add extra cucumber skins to the shaker your G&T will obtain greener colour.
- Use good quality gin. I prefer Hendricks (especially for this recipe)
- To make the garnish thinly slice the cucumber lengthwise with a potato peeler (Be extremely careful!) and push the cucumber ribbon onto the cocktail stick in a wavy manner like on the images
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/