Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 900g Potatoes
- 50g Butter
- 120ml Single cream
- ½ tsp Salt
- Milk or Potato water
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Peel and cut the potatoes into medium size chunks and boil until fully cooked and falling apart.
- Drain the potatoes through the colander. I usually reserve some of that liquid if my mash is a little bit stiff but you can use milk instead.
- Put potatoes back into the pan add butter and mix until it melts down.
- Add cream and mash the potatoes with masher or hand mixer. I personally avoiding hand mixer as it makes mash too gluey for my tasting and instead using old fashioned potatoes masher.
- If the mash is a little stiff (sometimes it depends on the potatoes variety) add a table spoon or two of reserved potato water or warm milk. If it is not enough, add more until you get the desired texture.
- Season with salt and serve immediately.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/