Chocolate Almond Cake Balls
Do you like cakes? Do you like sweets? Well I’ve got a perfect treat for you – Chocolate Cake Balls! These velvety rich chocolate delights look like truffles and taste like cake. They would make your Afternoon Tea Party 100% royal!
- 3 Medium Size Eggs
- 90g Caster Sugar
- 75g Plain Flour
- 15g Potato Starch
- 125g Butter
- 65g Icing Sugar
- 50g Condensed Milk
- 100g Dark Chocolate (70%)
- 50ml Double Cream
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 4 tbsp Coco Powder + extra for dusting
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat the oven to 200C or 390F degrees.
- To make the sponge for chocolate cake balls first of all separate the egg yolks and egg whites into two clean ideally glass bowls.
- Add 60g of caster sugar to the egg yolks and beat it with a hand mixer until creamy and pale and set aside.
- With the hand mixer whisk the egg whites until stiff and fluffy, gradually adding the remaining sugar.
- Mix the egg whites together with egg yolks, gradually sieve flour and potato starch into the mixture and fold until combined.
- With a small piece of butter grease 25cm loose bottom cake tin, line it with parchment paper and pour the mixture into it.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- When ready let the sponge to cool down completely and then crumble it into almost like a bread crumbs. You can use a blander for it.
- Now beat together butter and icing sugar until fluffy and creamy.
- Gradually add condensed milk and mix well. Set aside.
- For the melted chocolate prepare the hot water bath. Brake the chocolate into smaller pieces, place into heatproof ball. Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure the ball does not touch the water.
- Melt the chocolate, add cream and coco powder.
- Now mix all of the ingredients together – sponge crumbles, sugary butter and melted chocolate, add ground almond and you are ready to form the chocolate cake balls.
- I like them slightly bigger similar to a cupcake size (about 4cm in diameter), but you can make them any size you wish.
- Roll the balls in the coco powder and they are ready to serve.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/