Bulgur Capers and Sundried Tomato Salad
Bulgur is a precooked dried grain product which is made from cracked wheat. It is a very famous ingredient in Middle Eastern cuisine and a base for many salads. My favourite is Bulgur Capers and Sundried Tomatoes Salad. Super easy and simple recipe with great flavours combination of sweet raisins, salty capers and sundried tomatoes. Make a whole bowl of it and your lunch is sorted for the next 2-3 days! Just perfect for busy bees!
- 200g Bulgur
- 150g Sundried Tomatoes
- Bunch of Parsley
- 2 tbsp Capers
- 50g Raisins
- ½ Lemon, Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- First of all, we need to prepare the bulgur. Pour boiling water over the dry bulgur in a bowl or small saucepan, using 2 parts water for each 1 part of grain. Cover with a lid and leave it to soak for 15 min.
- While the bulgur is soaking, roughly chop the sundried tomatoes and parsley.
- Pour boiling hot water over raisins and let them soak for few minutes.
- Transfer the cooked bulgur into a large bowl, add chopped tomatoes and parsley, raisins, capers, lemon juice and mix well.
- Finally add pinch of salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cool down the salad in a fridge for about an hour before serving.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/