Asian Style Rainbow Chard Wraps
I will be totally honest with you right now, I never liked raw carrots or cabbage in my salads. To me these vegetables are too tough when uncooked. However, I changed my opinion recently when I tried these Asian Style Rainbow Chard Wraps. In this recipe it just works. And the best thing is - it is probably the most convenient way to consume your 5-a-day! Healthy and delicious it is so summer 2017 dish!
- Thin (Glass) Rice Noodles
- 6 Rainbow Swiss Chards
- ¼ of Red Cabbage Head
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Chili
- 3cm Ginger
- 70ml Rice Vinegar
- 30ml Water
- ½ tsp Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- First of all, prepare the thin rice noodles following the manufacturer instructions. In my case I just soaked them in boiling hot water for 3 minutes and drained.
- Next take the Swiss chard leaves and cut off the stems. In a large pan bring some water to the boil, place the leaves in there and simmer for 20-30 sec.
- Remove the leaves, gently rinse them with cold water and dry thoroughly with paper towels, set aside.
- Julienne the carrots and cabbage (use the mandoline slicer)
- Cut the cucumber in half, scrape the seeds out and julienne. Do the same with bell pepper.
- Now when all ingredients are cut and ready, take Swiss chard leaf, lay on the kitchen top, neatly place all of the sliced ingredients and rice noodles. Fold in the edges and roll tightly. Repeat with the rest of the leaves.
- Serve wraps with sweet and sour dressing – mix of water, finely chopped ginger, chili vinegar salt and sugar.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/