Artichoke and Spinach Crostini
Artichokes are one of those scary “I-don’t-know-where-to-start” vegetables. I must confess, I never cooked an artichoke from scratch. Maybe one day when I will be brave enough with tones of free time, I will. But for now the tined artichokes will do. One of my favourite and, in fact, quickest dishes with artichokes is petit Artichoke and Spinach Crostini. Perfect as a party food or little starter. But be aware, it’s very addictive!
- 200g Tined Artichokes
- 100g Spinach
- 3 tbsp Soured Cream
- 1 tbsp Mayo (Ideally Homemade)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 50g Grated Cheddar
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 1 Baguette
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Let’s start by squeezing all the liquid from the tinned artichoke hearts and chopping them roughly.
- Next, place spinach in a colander and pour some freshly boiled water over it.
- Leave it to cool for few minutes and again, squeeze all the liquid, chop and add to the artichokes.
- Now add the soured cream, mayo and mix well.
- Add finely chopped garlic (you can roast the garlic clove for few minutes over the hob, if fresh garlic is a little pungent for your liking)
- Add grated cheddar and season with salt and pepper.
- Finally slice the baguette quite thinly, put the artichoke and spinach mixture on top of each slice and it’s ready to be served!
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/