Aromatic Thai Sweet Potato Soup
Often we are inspired by the food we eat during our travels and holidays. We bring back home interesting ingredients and trying to recreate something that reminds us of the busy food market or the lunch we had with friends on the sandy beach. This recipe, Aromatic Thai Sweet Potato Soup, represents exactly this – spicy soup with all the aromatic spices I brought from wonderful vacation in Thailand.
- 6 Lime Leaves
- 1 Small Chilli
- 3cm Ginger
- 2 Bell Peppers (250-300gm)
- 700gm Sweet Potatoes
- 800ml Coconut Milk
- 200ml Water
- 30ml Sesame Seed Oil
- 30ml Vegetable Oil
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp Lemon Grass
- ½ tsp Galangal
- 1 tsp Salt
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat the oven to 200C or 390F degrees.
- Peel and chop ginger. Chop lime leaves cutting out and discarding the centre veins. (if you cannot find fresh or frozen lime leaves feel free to use the dried version which is widely available in supermarkets. It is less fragrant but will do the trick)
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into medium size chunks.
- Also cut the bell peppers into medium size chunks.
- Chop chillies, discarding the seeds.
- Place all these ingredients together in a roasting pan toss well with vegetable and sesame seed oils and spices.
- Roast in the oven for 25 min until fully cooked and soft.
- Remove from the oven and cool down.
- In a blender (I use Nutribullet). Blend the roasted vegetables with coconut milk.
- Pour into a pan, add water and bring to the boil.
- Add salt and serve plain or with some chopped chillies and coriander to your taste.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/