Apple & Fennel Salad
Usually I do not use fennel in my cooking as it has quite a strong flavour. It’s one of those ‘’love it or hate it’’ kind of vegetables, however, it works just fine in this recipe together with sweet apple and creamy gorgonzola. It’s perfect for a starter or as a light snack. Give it a go as you never know until you try!
- 100g Green beans
- 130g Gorgonzola
- 2 tsp Sherry vinegar
- 3 tbsp Crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- pinch of Black pepper
- 2 sprigs of Tarragon
- 1 Fennel bulb
- 1 Apple
- ½ Red onion bulb
- 50g Radish
- ½ Pomegranate
- 60g Watercress
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Steam or boil green beans until fully cooked (about 10-15min). Set aside to cool down.
- While beans are cooking, make the dressing. Crumble 30g of gorgonzola into a large bowl and beat it with a spoon for paste-like texture.
- Add vinegar, crème fraiche and olive oil, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Chop the leaves from 2 sprigs of tarragon and add to the dressing.
- Thinly slice (I use the mandoline slicer) fennel, apple and add those to the bowl with dressing. Gently mix it all making sure fennel and apple are covered fully with the dressing. Set aside
- Thinly slice half of the red onion and radish.
- To serve place a little nest of watercress onto the plate, on top of that put fennel and apple mix, green beans, radish and crumble the remaining gorgonzola.
- To finish it up sprinkle some onion and pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.
VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT http://vegdept.com/