Quail Eggs Asparagus and Avocado Salad is a perfect light vegetarian breakfast that only takes about 15min to make.
Which means you have got no excuse not to have a proper breakfast.
I actually found out that I tend to eat the best meals for breakfast and lunch-dinner are less nutritionally balanced and kind of on a go. I am improving though!
6 Quail Eggs
100g Asparagus Tips
2 tsp Chopped Almonds
1 tsp Sesame Seeds
Handful of Mixed Salad Leaves
½ tsp Smoked Salt
2 tsp Home-Made Mayo
1. First of all, boil the quail eggs for 2 min then drop them in ice cold water for another 5 min. Peel and cut in half.
2. Next poach the asparagus for 2-3 min until bright green in colour.
3. Put the salad leaves on the plate, place the asparagus in the middle, quail egg halves and slices avocado.
4. Top it up with capers, chopped almonds and sesame seeds.
5. Serve with home-made mayonnaise and smoked salt.
Making home-made mayo is actually much easier than you might think. Here is a great recipe from Jamie Oliver.
Chicken eggs is the most common eggs that we consume. Quail eggs are probably the second most popular.
But there are so many other eggs you can try.
For example, duck or goose eggs.
Or how about something more exotic like ostrich or peacock eggs?
And do you know what capers actually are? Berry? Nope… it’s flower buds of a Capparis shrub that grows in the Mediterranean.
It is quite a pretty flower in fact, if you let it bloom!