Matcha green tea is not only a fancy trendy drink but also a great cooking ingredient. It gives your dish an unusually rich flavor as well as wonderful green colour.
Try these Matcha and Coconut Vegan Protein Balls to see for yourself.
Great pre or post-workout snack or just another way to bring some extra protein into your diet.
100g Almond Butter
1 tbsp Agave Syrup
30g Rolled Oats
35g Desiccated Coconut
3 tbsp Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder
2 tbsp Matcha Powder
3 tbsp Water
1. Start by mixing together almond butter, agave syrup, oats, 20g of desiccated coconut, pumpkin seed powder, 1 tbsp of matcha powder and water in a large bowl.
2. When the mixture is fully combined, divide it into 10 equal parts (25g each) and roll them in your hands until you get a perfectly shaped ball.
3. Mix together remaining 15g of desiccated coconut and 1 tbsp of matcha powder.
4. Cover each ball in this bright green coconut and matcha mixture.
5. Refrigerate for an hour before serving. These Matcha and Coconut Vegan Protein Balls will stay up to a week in a fridge or a month in a freezer.
Each of that small Matcha and Coconut Vegan Protein Balls will serve you 5.5-6g of pure vegan protein.
Not bad huh?
The British Nutrition Foundation suggests that your daily intake of protein should be at 0.75g of protein per kilogram bodyweight per day for adults.
You can find more exciting information about protein sources and pumpkin seed protein in this article: “Pumpkin Seeds: A Perfect Source of Vegetarian Protein”!
And if you wonder where to get Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder check out Water for Health website!