Very comforting and flavoursome, pretty and colourful these Maple Glazed Roasted Vegetables are perfect side dish to your main. Easy to make this is a must to have in your recipes collection.
You do have one, right?
Prep time:Cooking time:Serves:
6 medium Carrots
3 medium Parsnips
6 medium Beetroot
60ml Olive Oil
2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
3 tbsp Maple Syrup
½ tsp Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200C or 390F degrees.
2. Prepare your vegetables by peeling the skin off and cutting in halves. If your parsnips are a bit chunky cut them in 4. Vegetables often do come in all shapes and sizes so for the best result make sure all your pieces are of roughly the same size. If you use baby vegetables, you don’t need to cut them at all and can roast them as they are.
3. Put the cut vegetables in the roasting tin and toss them with olive oil making sure they are evenly coated. I use my hand to do that.
4. Add sprigs of thyme and rosemary and sprinkle the mustard seeds.
5. Roast for 15-20 min and then carefully remove the roasting tin from the oven, pour the maple syrup and add salt to the vegetables. Gently toss a little with a spoon and put back in the oven for another 10-15 min until fully cooked and caramelised.
6. Depending on how caramelised you want your vegetables to be you can increase/decrease the cooking time. Just check with the folk that your vegetables are coked thoroughly.
To make this dish even more colourful you can use several types of carrots and
beetroots as these vegetables come in variety of different colours.
Did you have your 5-a-day today?
Try Maple Glazed Roasted Vegetables for today’s side dish.