Ionly met one person in my entire life who didn’t like ice cream and it was absolutely shocking to me. It’s understandable we all have our flavour preference but not to like this delightful creation… I like it so much I even bought and ice cream maker so there is always ice cream in the freezer.
There are a lot of types of ice cream with different recipes and it’s a massive learning curve for me but this particular one, honey walnut and rosemary ice cream, became one of my favourite straight away!
Try it and let me know what you think in comments below!
Prep time:Freezing time:Makes approx.:
450ml Whole milk
300ml Double cream
70ml Mild honey
1 tsp Chopped fresh rosemary
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F degrees and roast the walnuts for about 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them as they might go from underdone to burned within seconds. Cool them down, chop and put aside.
2. In a small bowl mix 2-3 tbsp of cold milk with cornstarch and put aside.
3. In a medium pan bring to the boil the rest of the milk, double cream and sugar. Simmer for 5-10min until sugar has dissolved completely
4. Add the cornstarch paste and simmer for another 10-15min until the mixture start thickening.
5. Add chopped rosemary, honey and pinch of salt. Cover the pan and let it infuse/cool down completely.
6. Sieve the mixture to get rid of the rosemary bits.
7. Pour it into the ice cream maker and proceed according to your ice cream maker machine settings.
8. When ice cream is ready, transfer it into a bowl, or I usually use a loaf tin, mix in the walnuts, cover with cling film and put into the freezer for at least an hour or overnight before serving.
Did you know that National Ice Cream day is on 3rd Sunday of July which itself is the National Ice Cream Month?
I think I will save the date for another reason to make this wonderful honey walnut and rosemary ice cream!
Guys, let me know your favourite ice cream flavour combinations in comments below and I promise to make it and publish the best recipe on VEGETARIAN DEPARTMENT.