Granolas are getting more and more popular now and seem to be overtaking muesli in the cereal aisle. The downside is that they are also very expensive especially if you aim for organic/home made type of granola. Thus I though why not to make one myself – it turned up to be super easy and since you pick the ingredients – you choose the flavour you like. It is easy to store and goes well with yogurt, milk, fruits, could be vegan and a perfect snack on its own.
Check out the recipe of my favourite granola with cranberries and mango.
Prep time:Cooking time:Makes approx.:
30g Flaked Almonds
30g Pumpkin seeds
80ml Maple Syrup
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
½ tsp Vanilla extract
½ tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of salt
20g Dried Cranberries
20g Dried Mango
1. Preheat the oven to 150C or 300F degrees.
2. Roughly chop the pecans. I usually chop each pecan half into 4 pieces.
3. Mix in a large bowl the oats, flaked almonds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds and chopped pecans. Add to the mixture maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, pinch of salt, cinnamon and mix well making sure all dry ingredients are covered.
4. Place a sheet of baking paper onto baking tray and spread the mixture evenly.
5. Bake in the oven for 20-25min until lightly golden in colour.
6. Remove from the oven, add chopped dried mangoes and cranberries. Let the Easy Homemade Granola to cool down completely before breaking it into small pieces. Store it in the airtight container to keep it crisp and crunchy.
7. You can add or replace the seeds, nuts and dried fruits with your favourite ones to same proportion. Ex 20g Pecans – 20g Walnuts; 30g Pumpkin seeds – 30g Sunflower seeds etc.
Easy Homemade Granola is not only super delicious it also has a number of health benefits such as high
Vitamin E content from all the nuts and seeds, helps with digestion problems and
provides you with slow releasing energy throughout entire morning.
Make perfect Easy Homemade Granola and let me know how it taste in the comments below!