If you love chocolate and want to add more proteins into your diet, then this recipe is just perfect for you!
Easy Chocolate and Oats Protein Bars are delicious, easy and rich in all kind of good stuff.
I cannot imagine a chocolate bar being any healthier than that.
Give it a try and see what your think!
70g Dark Chocolate
5 Large Pitted Medjool Dates
3 tbsp Almond Milk
125g Rolled Oats
50g Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder
1. First of all, melt the chocolate over the water bath.
2. In a high-speed blender blitz together dates with honey and 3 tbsp of almond milk or any other type of liquid – water, milk etc.
3. In a large bowl mix well the oats, pumpkin seed protein powder, melted chocolate and dates and honey paste.
4. Roll the “dough” between 2 sheets of parchment paper or cling film to approx. 1.5cm thick square.
5. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Remove from the fridge,
6. These Easy Chocolate and Oats Protein Bars can sit in a fridge for up to a week or up to a month in a freezer.
With these tasty Easy Chocolate and Oats Protein Bars you will get 12g of protein with each bar (5 bars in this recipe).
To know more about vegan and vegetarian sources of protein check out “Pumpkin Seeds: A Perfect Source of Vegetarian Protein” article!
Oh, and if you decide to get some Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder here is a link to a great supplier – Water For Health.
You can find more exciting information about protein sources and pumpkin seed protein in this article: “Pumpkin Seeds: A Perfect Source of Vegetarian Protein”!