Gin is my favourite spirit and essential ingredient in numerous number of cocktails. Of course old good G&T is one of them. Wondering if you can add another dimension to the classic? Make it Cucumber Rosemary Gin & Tonic! You will be surprised how just few ingredients can make it taste so good.
Double for me, please! Cheers!
1 Sprig of Rosemary
5 Juniper Berries
3 Slices of Cucumber + Extra for Garnish
Splash of Elderflower Cordial
Tonic Water to top up (approx. 120ml)
1. In a shaker put few ice cubes, crushed juniper berries, cucumber, rosemary and gin.
2. Shake well like you mean it!
3. Pour it in the chilled glass over the ice. Don’t forget to use sieve to get rid of cucumber pulp and bits of berries.
4. Add a splash of elderflower cordial, sprig of thyme and top it up with tonic water and decorate with garnish.
1. If you add extra cucumber skins to the shaker your G&T will obtain greener colour.
2. Use good quality gin. I prefer Hendricks. (especially for this recipe)
3. To make the garnish thinly slice the cucumber lengthwise with a potato peeler (Be extremely careful!) and push the cucumber ribbon onto the cocktail stick in a wavy manner like on the images.
You are 18+ right? (or 21+ if you are from USA)