There are a lot of ways how to make mashed potatoes and people add different ingredients to make it somewhat special. This recipe of Creamy Mashed Potatoes is not unique it is just the way I have been making it all my life, love it and decided to share the recipe with you, guys!
Share your way of making mash in comments below and and I will definitely try it!
Prep time:Cooking time:Serves:
120ml Single Cream
½ tsp Salt
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into medium size chunks and boil until fully cooked and falling apart.
2. Drain the potatoes through the colander. I usually reserve some of that liquid if my mash is a little bit stiff but you can use milk instead.
3. Put potatoes back into the pan add butter and mix until it melts down.
4. Add cream and mash the potatoes with masher or hand mixer. I personally avoiding hand mixer as it makes mash too gluey for my tasting and instead using old fashioned potatoes masher.
5. If the mash is a little stiff (sometimes it depends on the potatoes variety) add a table spoon or two of reserved potato water or warm milk. If it is not enough, add more until you get the desired texture.
6. Season with salt and serve immediately.
It is hard to imagine but apparently there are more than 4 000 varieties of potatoes
worldwide and that is without the wild ones…
How cool is that – the potato became the first vegetable to be grown in space…