Here are famous American style pancakes with blueberries. Just like you’ll expect them to be in a traditional dinner with maple syrup or any other topping of your choice.
Brings a lot of memories from my trip to NYC, oh and free coffee/tea top up!
We don’t have this here in Europe…
Prep time:Cooking time:Serves:
200g Self-Raising Flour
300ml Whole Milk
1 tsp Baking Powder
30ml Melted Butter
1 tbsp Sugar
Pinch of Salt
Vegetable oil for frying
Maple Syrup for serving
1. To make the batter mix all of the ingredients apart from blueberries in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth with no lumps.
2. Add the blueberries and give it a quick gentle stir with a spoon.
3. Fry the pancakes over the medium heat with some oil (a table spoon of batter per pancake) until little bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes.
4. Flip on the other side and fry for few more minutes.
5. Pancakes should be golden brown in colour.
6. Serve warm with some maple syrup or any other preferred toppings.
There are lots of different international pancakes – Russian blini, French crepes, American pancakes.
However, it was the Ancient Romans who started to appreciate the goodness of pancake in the morning.
Thank you guys!